Thursday, August 22, 2013

August Birchbox Review

BIRCHBOX! BIRCHBOX! BIRCHBOX!
 

Product 1: Model Co. Party Proof Lipstick color - red velvet
Price: $24 (for three full sized lipsticks)
The Pitch: The concentrated, vitamin-rich formula heals dryness while coating lips in long-lasting color.
Chloe's Take: Goes on smooth and the color is rich without being too obnoxious. very smooth texture for longwear lip color. I haven't worn it much yet. It's kind of my first "official" red lipstick. That excludes all the dance and cheer competitions when I had to dawn that daring shade.
Rating: 4

Product 2: UniqONE All in One Hair Treatment
Price: $17.99 (full size)
The Pitch: Not only does it eliminate the need for other styling aids (like leave-in conditioners and defrizzing agents), but it works well for curly or pin-straight locks.
Chloe's Take: I think it overall calmed my hair and made it more manageable. It wasn't life changing or anything. I may try using more next time. However, the smell was not the best. Not unpleasant, just not how you hope your hair products will smell.
Rating: 3

Product3: LA Fresh Eco Beauty Oil-free Face Cleanser {BONUS}
Price: $9.99 (30 wipes)
The Pitch: Each wipe is soaked with a solution rich in potent plant extracts, including jojoba, papaya, pineapple, and cucumber. These ingredients work to leave skin clean, soft, and refreshed.
Chloe's Take: These were soft and did thoroughly remove my make-up. I had a little trouble getting my mascara off, but I usually wear waterproof.
Rating: 3

Product 4: Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer
Price: $28 (2 Oz.)
The Pitch: Instead of plain old H2O, this moisturizer is formulated with a blend of juices and other botanicals that nourish skin.
Chloe's Take: This thick and creamy formula hydrates skin and leaves skin velvety smooth, and a little bit goes a long way. The product boasts that it is one of the only moisturizers that does not use water as a main ingredient. The proof is in the pudding!
Rating: 4

Product 5: WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads
Price: $20 (twenty packets)
The Pitch: Add the "buffing beads" to your face wash and instantly turn your favorite facial cleanser into a scrub.
Chloe's Take:  I thought the beads my be gooey textured, but they were totally dry and powdery. I added these to my Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser and instantly it was gave it a foamy, course consistency that I like in scrubs. It says to use one packet per use, but I only used half and I thought it went a long way.  Overall I think it's a neat product it left my face very clean and soft. I followed up with the Juice Moisturizer.
Rating: 4


Ratings Scale:
5- Without a doubt purchasing this fab beauty find!
4 - I would purchase this product, but need added motivation i.e. find in a a store, coupon, sale, free shipping
3 -  Good Product, but unlikely to purchase
2 - Product was not for me
1 - Bad Bad Bad
 
Stay Stylish & Follow Gaudyssey
 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...